Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year New Goals

It is January 1, which invites the inevitable contemplation on what's to come in 2010. Every year we humans try to shape our future through resolutions meant to improve our lives. Most often they are someone's opportunity to correct a vice, and more often then not they fail. So in an effort to secure a more successful outcome I have resolved to set goals. See, I've already completed my resolution by writing this post. Now I only need to achive my goals without the stigma of failure that surrounds most resolutions.

  1. Buy a house. Yes, this is a big one, I know. And right off I must admit there are a lot of prerequisites for this to occur; however the hardest one is already taken care of.

  2. Live up to my license plate a little more. Wild I am not, no matter how you spell it.

  3. Read more, watch tv less. I am debating getting rid of cable now that college football season is over, and that would help with this goal. Of course the new HDTV is so pretty so I'm a little torn about the cable. I need to figure out how to hook up the tv to the internet, but tech savvy I am not.

  4. Become more tech savvy. Cable is f'ing expensive and Fox isn't helping.

  5. Exercise more. What can I say, it's obligatory to put that. I'm not totally ready to resign myself to life as a sloth.

  6. Tweak my thoughts on work. Care more when I need to and less when I don't. I am hoping this translates into more sleep and work free weekends.

  7. Learn to accept that the reason I spent most of my life convinced men are not interested in me is actually because I'm really, really bad at recognizing when one is. Pathetically bad.

  8. Get more creative in the kitchen. For several years now I have envisioned a Boston Cream Cupcake but have yet to make it. Should I become successful at this I must become successful with number 5.

  9. Shop less. See number 1.

  10. Start blog in order to have respectable forum to display thoughts and ideas in an effort to spend less time over thinking and practice writing skills for inevitable drafting of next great American novel. Lofty I know.

  11. Learn to write fiction.


Good luck and have at it.

1 comment:

  1. Ah the inevitable New Year's resolutions list. I like yours, very "right" for you...though I'm jealous of your #1. We're still light years away from that one ourselves. Even if we didn't live here.

    Oh, and #7? Um, yes. As your friend, I can say that with certainty.

    ReplyDelete