Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I am into Champagne

Tonight nothing is coming together in my head that can make a full topic for discussion, so mini posts it shall be.  And there was much rejoicing.  Yaaay.

Has anyone really ever listened to the words to Escape (The Pina Colada Song)?  I mean other than drunkenly yelling out "Do you like pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain?" have you paid attention to the lyrics.  If not, do it sometime or Google them.  I am amazed at the nonchalant approach taken by the main character and his own lovely lady about the fact that both of them were straying outside the relationship.  Oh you placed a personal ad and I answered it, how funny!  I was told I don't get it because it was the 70's (released 1979, so barely the 70's).  No, I guess not since I was still gauging my age in months during the 70's, but I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't laugh off cheating like that.  The white trash folks on Cheaters seem really upset about it.

I made chocolate chip cookies tonight, no reason, just wanted to bake. They are a little more golden then they should be. They still taste fine, they are just caramelized.

It's raining here in southern California, in case you haven't heard.  So far it has forced (yes forced, I swear) me to buy new shoes (ok, maybe not 3 pairs), screwed with my garage door sensor so it refuses to close because it thinks there is something in the way and found its way onto my stove.  Thankfully it was a small amount that ended up on my stove today, but I'm thinking a roasting pan set on top before leaving for work tomorrow will be a good idea.  There is a "skylight" that I figure was originally designed for a hood vent that never materialized over the stove and if it rains heavy enough it makes its way inside.  So long as it stays far away from my tv and computer, it will be ok.  I should tell the apartment manager, but since I bitched about the garage door for two days now, I'll give it a rest.  Plus, I doubt they are going to send someone up on the roof tomorrow during what is to be the worst day to fix it.  I'm short timing this place anyway (I hope).

Are you singing the pina colada song?  I am.  If you're not into yoga, and you have half a brain...

My boss told me the other day I am probably the only 30 year old woman who picks Santa Fe to go to for my birthday.  Maybe, it was not my idea initially, but I like the southwest and it allows me to go to Chaco Canyon (weather prevailing).  Also, I have not gone somewhere new in almost 6 years and the point of this trip was to be relatively antisocial and not deal with birthday activites.  Also I was mopey about turning 31 and now it's not about my birthday, but making sure I stuff enough New Mexican cuisine in me before I have to come home.  Oh and art galleries and Anasazi ruins.   Green chilies and sopapillas, woo hoo!

If you'd like making love at midnight...

I've never had a pina colada myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment